· Personal income tax returns are due on April 15th.
· Partnership income tax returns are due on April 15th.
· Corporate income tax returns are due on March 15th.
If any of the dates listed above fall on a weekend or a holiday, the deadline would be extended to the following Monday. Check IRS.gov for specific details each year.
· Extended deadline for personal income tax returns is October 15th.
· Extended deadline for a corporate or partnership income tax return is September 15th.
Note: This is not an extension of time to pay your taxes.
An extension allows an individual more time to file a complete and accurate tax return, avoiding the late filing penalty. If an individual has a tax liability due and does not pay it by April 15th, they will face penalties and interest even if they have filed an extension. It is important to estimate and pay the tax liability when filing an extension in order to avoid paying added penalties and interest.